“International Barber Institute is located at 118 East Suffolk Avenue, Central Islip, NY 11722. The institute occupies approximately 2900 square feet in a one story building.”
Sam Abayev is from the former Soviet Union and has been living in America for the last 22 years. While integrating himself into the American hair industry, he has brought over styles and techniques from the Soviet Union and incorporated the latest trends from around the world. In addition to previously owning a hair salon, he has been an accomplished barber and business owner for over 24 years now. Highly qualified to instruct in the field of barbering, Sam looks to share and pass on this knowledge & art to the students of IBI.
The space consists of 2 theory classrooms, clinical practice and practical application areas consisting of fifteen barber chairs with drawers and mirrored stands, an administrative office, rest rooms, and client waiting area. IBI’s premises are wheelchair accessible.
Also included are equipment essentials for training Barber/Stylists:Clipper accessories, combs, razors, sufficient number of lather machines and sterilizers, shampoo stations and three sinks. Each theory classroom consists of student chairs, tables, and a black board. A TV with DVD player for viewing educational material is also available.
- Quality training in the field of barbering
- Progressive techniques of “hands on” theories
- We teach you all of the latest hair cutting techniques
- We also teach you European style techniques
- We show you how to use each tool in the kit
- We also connect you with Local Barbershops for employment
- We will prepare you for the NY State Test