What do I need to get started?
- Must be 18 years of age of older
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License or Any Valid Photo ID
- Have a social security number of Tax ID number
Barber Training Program
- No prior experience needed
Barber Training program for Advanced students
- Successful completion of 200 class hours for Cosmetology or Esthetics
- 400 hours of working in a Barbershop
- Proof Required
Frequently Asked Questions
- QAre there any requirements for the admission?
- ABesides desire, enthusiasm, and the right mind-set, there are a few admission requirements for all the courses. That includes a Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax ID number, valid ID or driver’s license, high school diploma or GED, successful completion of minimum 200 class hours in cosmetology or esthetics or 400 hours of apprenticeship in barbering, and minimum age of 18 years.
- QHow long will it take me to finish my course?
- ACourses are based on clock hours rather than semester. Thus, depending on the course you choose, you will be required to complete your set number of hours. Our Master Program is 630 hours and Advanced Barber Program is 360 hours. The more hours you accomplish, the faster you can finish your course.
- QWhich Program can I join if I have no barber experience?
- AMaster Program of 630 Hours is for students with no barber experience. The program can help you learn the history of barbering, ethics, microbiology, skin disorders, current hairstyles, cutting techniques, etc. We also provide tools, books and materials for study to help you pass your state exam.
- QWhat can I expect at the facility?
- AOur facility consists of a theory classroom, clinical practice, rest room, client waiting area and practical application areas that have fifteen barber chairs along with drawers and mirror stands. In the theory class, you will find student chairs, tables, black board and TV with a DVD player to view all educational materials.
- QWill you help me find a job once I complete the program?
- AOnce you complete your Advanced Barber Program of 360 hours, we will assist you with respect to job placements. We always help our students in their job searches until they land their first position in the hair care industry, and help them accomplish their career goals.
- QAre you a licensed and approved institute?
- AYes, IBI is licensed by the New York State Department of Education & Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision.
- QI’m afraid I won’t do well.
- AFear and lack of confidence is what holds a lot of people back from pursuing their dreams. A lot of students felt that way, until they experienced how patient our instructors were. Once you have the interest, desire and motivation, we will help you the rest of the way.
- QAm I able to work and attend school at the same time?
- AYes. Due to our flexible day and night schedules, most of our students actually have full time jobs and are able to get the training they need.
- QIs there an Internship at the end of my classes?
- ANo, our students have the opportunity to practice on clients everyday. We offer $5 haircuts during our day and evening classes. Each client’s hair is cut by one of our students supervised by an experienced instructor.