COSMETOLOGY PROGRAM: 1000 HOURS
Ready to Become a Cosmetologist ?!?!
With the International Barber & Beauty Institute. Our Cosmetology program offers a high quality curriculum and materials that will ensure you possess the knowledge, techniques and skills to successfully pass your state board exam and become a licensed Cosmetologist. Take your career to the next level while absolutely loving what you do.
Turn Your Passion Into A Profession
Did You Know?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for Cosmetologists is projected to grow by 8% from 2018-2028? That’s faster than the average of all occupations. The demand for hair coloring, hair straightening and other advanced hair treatments have also risen over the years and will continue to rise in years to come. A number of job openings will also stem from people who change professions, retire or leave due to other non related reasons, which will open up more doors and provide more opportunity for our students. Why not become a part of such a rewarding industry?
Unlike a traditional college that can take two, four or even more years, our Cosmetology program is only 1,000 hours of training which; after graduation, qualifies you to become licensed and recognized as a Cosmetology professional. You can expect to complete the program in as little as 8 months. Here at IBBI, we never cut corners when it comes to providing our students with the best quality education. Our comprehensive training program includes expert instruction and hands-on training in:
- Hair Styling
- Nail Care
- Wig Care
- Make-Up Artistry
- Sales Techniques
- Health & Safety Standards
- and More!
Not only are you going to get advanced knowledge and skills to join the beauty profession, but you’re also going to get real world, hands-on experience while practicing your skills in the IBBI Student Clinic. We have guests coming in all the time to get beauty services from our students. So you’ll be able to work on a variety of hair types and styles. You will be supervised at all times by an instructor.
We Are The Standard Of Excellence In New York!
Choosing IBBI means that you’ll be learning from the best. You’ll also be getting expert training from instructors who have worked in the industry and will help educate you of the basic professional requirements needed in order to become a licensed cosmetologist in New York State. Meeting these standards & requirements will not only allow you to become a professional cosmetologist in NY, but they will also allow you to work in other locations as well.
A Rewarding Cosmetology Career
- The Freedom to Create – Cosmetologists are more than just hair stylists and make-up artists. They are creative artists and visionaries. They have the opportunity to express themselves through their art and creativity in a safe environment.
- Job Security – No matter how the job market fluctuates up or down, cosmetologists have managed to stay high in demand. Essentially, it’s a recession-proof career because people will always need to look and feel beautiful. In addition, the beauty services industry is expected to continue growing and increasing in price.
- Endless Connections – Not only do you get to express your creativity each day, but you get to build lasting relationships with clients you service each day. If you enjoy helping people, this is definitely the profession for you.
- Fulfillment – You bring out the best in people. As a cosmetologist you will be able to use your artistic and creative abilities as well as make an impact everyday by bringing out the best in people. You’ll leave each day with a sense of fulfillment that you will be proud of.
- Flexibility – As a Cosmetologist, you can set your own schedule and build your own clientele. In addition, you’ll have the ability to start your own spa or salon. Always dreamed of the perfect work/life balance? Well, now you have the opportunity to strive in the career of your dreams and still have time for family and social life.
After graduating and getting your cosmetology license, you’ll be able find employment as a:
- Hair Stylist
- Nail Technician/Manicurist
- Salon or Spa Manager
- Salon or Spa Owner
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Permanent Make-up Artist
- Celebrity or Personal Stylist
- Wedding and Event Specialist
- Fashion Show Stylist
- and many other possibilities
Why Attend IBBI?
Our Cosmetology program is designed to help you get the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pass the NY state board exam and become a licensed Cosmetologist. You will get personalized attention from the staff and your instructors to help you be successful in your academic life. Additionally, we will help you with job placement assistance such as:
- A Complete Network of Over 500 Professional Beauty and Unisex Salons.
- Making Your Profile Available To Any Unisex Salon Looking For A New Stylist.
- Making Sure Your Resume Looks Presentable To Any Potential Employers.
- and So Much More!