Looking for a Beauty School to jumpstart your career? International Barber and Beauty school is the place for you. Check out these fun facts about Cosmetology.
- The word “cosmetic” comes from the Greek word kosmos, which means “of this world or worldly.”
- Women used to pinch their cheeks to give themselves rosy cheeks before the invention of blush.
- The first makeup came from Egypt, where women painted their eyes by applying dark color under the eyelid and blackening their eyelashes.
- The founder of Maybelline named the company after his sister Maybel who inspired him to create makeup products.
- The first nail polish was invented in China in 3000 B.C. by mixing egg whites, beeswax, gum, and colored powder.
- In 1400, it was fashionable for women to be hairless. They would shave their heads and pluck their eyebrows and eyelashes entirely out.
- The most common injury caused by makeup is scratching the eye with a mascara wand.
- Drinking an abundance of water adds an instant glow to your face.
Ready to showcase your artistic skills? Contact us today!